HUNAN ZLCONN HDD Machine Lecture – Lesson 7 Slurry Pump Breakdown Analysis 01
Publication Date: 2018-11-14
[caption id="attachment_1041" align="aligncenter" width="600"]
HUNAN ZLCONN HDD Machine Lecture - Lesson 7 Slurry Pump Breakdown Analysis 01[/caption]
The slurry is just like the blood in the construction of horizontal directional drilling, and the slurry pump is an important component of HDD Machine. To ensure the smooth progress of the HDD Machine, we must be familiar with the common breakdowns and solutions of the slurry pump as followings:
Breakdown 01: No water into slurry pump after starting the pump
(1) There are sand particles, cement agglomerates and sundries around the suction valve, and the ball valve cannot be closed.
(2) O-ring on the suction valve seat is leaking.
(3) Three drain plugs under the pump head are leaking because they are not equipped with seals or are not tightened.
(4) The suction passage and the pump chamber are filled with air due to the new pump or the long stop time.
(5) There is blockage in the suction channel or suction port.
(1) Remove all debris from the suction valve and clear it with water.
(2) Replace the O-ring.
(3) Check the three water discharge plugs under the pump head. If there is no seal, fill it up. If it is loose, tighten it.
(4) Loosen unloading valve to deflate, or turn to lower speed to exhaust to get the water
(5) Clear the blockage in the channel.
Breakdown 02: The HDD Machine motor doesn’t work
(1) The engine speed of the main pump station is too low, the fuel supply is insufficient, and the supply pressure of the hydraulic system is too low.
(2) The hydraulic system supplied by the main pump station to the slurry pump is in trouble or the overflow valve pressure adjustment in the system is low and the internal leakage is serious, and the supply pressure is insufficient.
(3) Failure of hydraulic motor
(4) The gear shift is not in the right place, and the positioning device is not locked (in N position).
(5) Failure or damage of the crankshaft or connecting rod.
(1) To increase the speed of the main engine pump station (not less than1500 r/min), increase the fuel supply of the motor, and improve the effective working pressure of the hydraulic system (above 10 MPa).
(2) Check and troubleshoot the faults in the hydraulic system supplied to the slurry pump
(3) Check and discharge hydraulic motor failure on slurry pump.
(4) Put the gear shift is in right place and the re-lock the positioning.
(5) Check and replace the damaged parts.
Breakdown 03: Big Fluctuations in flow and pressure
(1) Sand particles, mud and other debris are accumulated on the top and the periphery of the suction ball valve, and the ball valve is not tightly closed.
(2) O-ring on the suction seat is leaking
(3) Excessive wear or damage of the piston, inhalation and leakage
(4) There is a seal failure in the suction passage or the pump head underground blockage does not tighten or lack the gasket, resulting in air leakage.
(1) Remove and clean all debris around the suction valve
(2) Replace the O-ring on the seat
(3) Tightening the piston adjustment screw or replacing the piston
(4) Check all seals of the suction passage and solve it.
Breakdown 04: Large noise in the pump body
(1) The shift gear is not in position and the positioning device is not locked.
(2) The bearing clearance between the two shafts and the crankshaft is too large, and it is not adjusted well.
(3) The connecting rod bearing bush is excessively worn and the clearance is too large
(4) Deformation or damage of crankshaft or connecting rod or even individual gears
(1) The gear must be in place and the positioning device must be locked.
(2) Adjust the bearing clearance between the two shafts and the crankshaft to ensure a smooth operation.
(3) Adjust the adjusting washer or replace the bearing bush in connecting rod.
(4) Check or replace the damaged parts.
Breakdown 05: Crankcase temperature rise is too high
(1) The oil level in the tank is too high and too much oil is injected.
(2) The big head connecting rod bearing bush has small gap which couldn’t shape the oil film, and the dry friction causes the temperature rise too high.
(3) The bearing clearance between the two shafts and the crankshaft is too small and too tight which makes the temperature rising in operation.
(1) Lower the oil level in the tank to the calibration position and drain the excess oil.
(2) Add a 0.1mm gasket to both ends of the big-end connecting rod (both sides are added) to ensure a certain gap between the bearing bush and the crankshaft to form a sufficient oil film.
(3) Adjust the bearing clearance between the two shafts and the crankshaft to a reasonable degree.
To be continued:
If you think useful, give us praise or share to your friends.
Lesson 8, HDD Machine Slurry Pump Breakdown Analysis 02 (on 16nd Nov)
For all articles and company refer to following links.HDD machine manufacturer HUNAN ZLCONN.
Face book: www.facebook.com/HNZLCONN/
Lessons List: https://www.zlconnmachinery.com/technical-material-for-customer/hdd-tech/
HDD Machine List: https://www.zlconnmachinery.com/products/hdd-machine/
Copyright by HUNAN ZLCONN
Other: Hunan ZLCONN is looking for dealer in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Contact whatsapp 008618274950722